Beresford roofing contractors in New Brunswick
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials
Roof Leak Symptoms
Check your roof regularly for any of these roofing troubles; especially after strong rain, wind or snow storms. Be sure a licensed, insured and experienced roof leak trouble shooter takes care of any problems before they get too difficult to manage.
- Blown Off, Broken or Missing Shingles
- Bent Ridge Ventilation
- Lead Plumbing Pipe Boot Damages
- Heavy Stains Around Skylights/Chimneys/Roof Valleys
- Rusting and Corroding Flashing
- Decomposing, Cracking or Splitting Sealants
- Overflowing or Leveled Gutters
- Loose Satellite Dishes
- Improper Attic Ventilation
- Winter Ice Dams
- Evidence of Black Mold, Wood Fungus or Mildew
- Fogging Window/Skylight Panes
Minor Repairs now Prevent Costly Repairs Later
It’s extremely important to repair these minor damages right away, before problems get worse. It’s no secret that when roofing problems occur, they are only going to get more expensive the longer they have a chance to continue unabated. Be sure that you hire a licensed, insured and experienced roofing contractor to make the roof repairs or you may be in for more damages down the road. It doesn’t take much to know the workings of installing a new roof, but to find and repair minor roofing problems for good takes skill, knowledge and experience to get the job done once; and done right. Before you hire any roofers to perform repair work on your CA home or businesses asphalt shingle roof, it’s in your best interests to ask for credentials, references and licensing information to ensure you roofers know their stuff so you can get the most out of your next shingle repair project.
In some cases, black mold growth has been so extreme, it was cheaper to demolish the entire structure and rebuild from scratch, than it was to remove the black mold problem. That’s why it’s so important to keep roofing costs down by finding and repairing minor problems before they have a chance to become major roofing troubles. With these tips and techniques for keeping roof repair costs to a minimum, you can be sure that your next roof repair won’t be as costly as you think.
Keeping your roof in tip top condition now can prevent costly roof repair problems from happening in the future. But when repairs are inevitable, you’ll need to use these tips and techniques to ensure your roof repairs last for years to come.