Norwood roofing contractors in Ontario
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials
After just 48 hours, wood rotting fungus, smelly mildew and dangerous black mold can all be thriving and spreading throughout your structure. Once black mold has reached the interior of your dwelling, any occupants who are exposed to the mold or the airborne spores are going to become stricken with respiratory ailments and will eventually become much sicker the longer they come into contact with it. That’s why when a roofing leak begins; it’s in your best interests to call us so we can take care of the problem immediately. Use the following tips for extending your shingles life and you’ll easily prevent costly shingle repairs or a total roof replacement from surprising you ever again.
This is because the continual motion of a windy day may make swaying branches rub against roofing materials and wear holes into the surface of the shingle, ensuring a roof leak takes place without your knowledge. Tree branches aren’t the only problem either. Leaf litter can build up in valleys, behind chimneys and around skylights. This allows two dangerous roofing problems to take place. One, water flow may be blocked and force water to enter between shingles and into your attic space. And two, water can cause leaf materials to rot and wood fungus to grow on shingles, ensuring their timely demise.