Smithville roofing contractors in Ontario
Preventing Roof Leaks before They Start
Once you’ve stopped the roof leak, it’s important that you keep more roof leaks from taking place. Keep an eye out for potential problems like the ones listed above and be sure to keep leaf debris and branches off of your asphalt shingle roof and out of gutters. Never use harsh abrasives, snow shovels or pressure washing on your shingles as this can easily cause more roof leaks than it prevents. It’s also a good idea to keep trees trimmed back from the structure at least six feet. When swaying branches blown by the wind rub against shingles; it’s a roof leak waiting to take place.
Even worse, if black mold begins to form in your Annandale home or business, it can begin to create serious respiratory problems and even deadly illnesses for individuals living and working in the structure. These roofing troubles are not only dangerous to you, your family and your guests, they can also become a very expensive roof repair project and cleanup is sure to become a costly problem that can easily take up weeks of your time and end up costing you thousands of dollars or more in repairs. Use these preventative maintenance techniques and you’ll be sure to keep all your future emergency roofing repairs at bay.
Broken, Missing or Damaged Shingles - Repair these inexpensive roofing troubles quickly before expensive roof leaks have a chance to happen.
- Cracked, Split or Peeling Sealants - These areas of the roof tend to quickly decay due to their shorter lifespan and should be inspected regularly to prevent roof leaks.
- Rust or Other Heavy Discolorations - Stains and other dark marks can be a sure sign that roofing sealants or flashing troubles are just right around the corner.
- Damaged Soffit and Fascia - Aluminum/vinyl soffit and fascia can be damaged in high winds and storms easily. Check for problems regularly to prevent future roof leaks.
- Clogged or Misaligned Gutters - When gutters and downspouts are clogged with debris or improperly installed, they can cause roof leaks. Be sure to inspect these areas often to prevent expensive roof repairs.
- Window, Siding and Door Leaks - Often overlooked, these sections of your home or business can act like a roof leak, but can end up costing you a fortune if not taken care of right away.