Whitby roofing contractors in Ontario
- Address:400 Hopkins St, Whitby, ON L1N 2B9, Canada
- Phone: +1 905-668-3244
- Zip Code:L1N 2B9
- Address:440 Hopkins St, Whitby, ON L1N 2B9, Canada
- Phone: +1 866-894-4040
- Zip Code:L1N 2B9
- Address:42 Ward St, Whitby, ON L1M 1G8, Canada
- Phone: +1 905-655-0400
- Zip Code:L1M 1G8
- Address:701 Rossland Rd E Unit 345, Whitby, ON L1N 9K3, Canada
- Phone: +1 905-665-6230
- Zip Code:L1N 9K3
- Address:105 Consumers Dr #2, Whitby, ON L1N 1C4, Canada
- Phone: +1 905-581-1190
- Zip Code:L1N 1C4
- Address:202 S Blair St, Whitby, ON L1N 8X9, Canada
- Phone: +1 905-430-7911
- Zip Code:L1N 8X9
- Address:Ashburn, Whitby, ON L0B, Whitby, ON L0B, Canada
- Zip Code:
- Address:130 Garrard Rd, Whitby, ON L1N 3K5, Canada
- Phone: +1 905-448-5909
- Zip Code:L1N 3K5
- Address:1621 McEwen Dr, Whitby, ON L1N 9A5, Canada
- Phone: +1 905-720-2200
- Zip Code:L1N 9A5
If your roof is leaking, it’s going to be more than just a big mess leaks are left alone unabated. Use these tips for finding roof leaks and stop them now before they have a chance to become a more costly roof repair project down the road.
Broken, Missing or Damaged Shingles - Repair these inexpensive roofing troubles quickly before expensive roof leaks have a chance to happen.
- Cracked, Split or Peeling Sealants - These areas of the roof tend to quickly decay due to their shorter lifespan and should be inspected regularly to prevent roof leaks.
- Rust or Other Heavy Discolorations - Stains and other dark marks can be a sure sign that roofing sealants or flashing troubles are just right around the corner.
- Damaged Soffit and Fascia - Aluminum/vinyl soffit and fascia can be damaged in high winds and storms easily. Check for problems regularly to prevent future roof leaks.
- Clogged or Misaligned Gutters - When gutters and downspouts are clogged with debris or improperly installed, they can cause roof leaks. Be sure to inspect these areas often to prevent expensive roof repairs.
- Window, Siding and Door Leaks - Often overlooked, these sections of your home or business can act like a roof leak, but can end up costing you a fortune if not taken care of right away.
Roof Leak Symptoms
Check your roof regularly for any of these roofing troubles; especially after strong rain, wind or snow storms. Be sure a licensed, insured and experienced roof leak trouble shooter takes care of any problems before they get too difficult to manage.
- Blown Off, Broken or Missing Shingles
- Bent Ridge Ventilation
- Lead Plumbing Pipe Boot Damages
- Heavy Stains Around Skylights/Chimneys/Roof Valleys
- Rusting and Corroding Flashing
- Decomposing, Cracking or Splitting Sealants
- Overflowing or Leveled Gutters
- Loose Satellite Dishes
- Improper Attic Ventilation
- Winter Ice Dams
- Evidence of Black Mold, Wood Fungus or Mildew
- Fogging Window/Skylight Panes
Roof Leaks can be Hazardous to your Health
Rotting wood fungus, stinky mildew troubles and deadly black mold can all form inside of attic spaces, on drywall ceilings and behind walls. Within just 36 hours after water has infiltrated the structure, your indoor air quality can be ruined forever—or at least until the affected materials are removed and replaced with new ones. White wood fungus can destroy your structural components in just months. Mildew stains can bring smelly and musty odors into the home for good. If black mold is allowed to form, spores that are released into the air can cause serious respiratory problems and is a health hazard to those living or working within the structure. Black mold can grow on all wet surfaces, and can only be removed by replacing the affected materials.
Get it in Writing - Any roofer can tell you that they are going to offer you any price, guarantee or warranty on their work or materials. But unless you get that information in writing, you can bet that if it comes time to claim a warranty, cash in a coupon or ask about your lifetime guarantee, they won’t offer it anymore. That’s why any claims your roofing contractor makes about product warranties, guarantees or special pricing should be made in writing. When you receive your bid from roofers, it’s extremely important to get the complete details on all the repairs made on your roofing project. That’s why here at Roofrepair.link, after our initial roofing inspection, we provide the customer a detailed bid, complete with digital photos of your roof trouble spots. We then send an email directly from our work truck to your email inbox so you can see your roofing troubles and leak hot spots for yourself.