Kipling roofing contractors in Saskatchewan
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials
How a Roof Leak Starts
Roof leaks can be caused by a variety of reasons and many roofs exhibit several of these features at the same time, making it difficult to diagnose the true leak problem. It takes much more than making a few patches with some tar to fix a roof leak for good. Knowing how a roof leak starts is the first and foremost task in repairing any roofing problems. But unless you’re a leak finding pro, it’s going to be tough to find and repair leaks before they have a chance to start. That’s why the Roofrepair.link leak finding trouble shooters recommend that you have your roof inspected by a professional twice a year to pinpoint minor roofing problems now before they have a chance to turn into an emergency roof leak repair. Although it’s never a good idea to climb a ladder yourself, you can easily spot the following areas that are commonly known to leak from the safety of the ground.
Minor Repairs now Prevent Costly Repairs Later
It’s extremely important to repair these minor damages right away, before problems get worse. It’s no secret that when roofing problems occur, they are only going to get more expensive the longer they have a chance to continue unabated. Be sure that you hire a licensed, insured and experienced roofing contractor to make the roof repairs or you may be in for more damages down the road. It doesn’t take much to know the workings of installing a new roof, but to find and repair minor roofing problems for good takes skill, knowledge and experience to get the job done once; and done right. Before you hire any roofers to perform repair work on your CA home or businesses asphalt shingle roof, it’s in your best interests to ask for credentials, references and licensing information to ensure you roofers know their stuff so you can get the most out of your next shingle repair project.