Ermington roofing contractors in North West
After just 48 hours, wood rotting fungus, smelly mildew and dangerous black mold can all be thriving and spreading throughout your structure. Once black mold has reached the interior of your dwelling, any occupants who are exposed to the mold or the airborne spores are going to become stricken with respiratory ailments and will eventually become much sicker the longer they come into contact with it. That’s why when a roofing leak begins; it’s in your best interests to call us so we can take care of the problem immediately. Use the following tips for extending your shingles life and you’ll easily prevent costly shingle repairs or a total roof replacement from surprising you ever again.
Whether you own a home or a business in England, you can bet that an asphalt shingle roof covers and protects it. The average age of the typical shingle roof can range anywhere from 10-15 years, depending upon the weather conditions they are subjected to and the materials used in the installation. One of the best ways to extend that lifespan as long as possible is through the use of preventative roof repairs, general maintenance and an annual roofing inspection. Without these three important aspects of building care, you can bet that an emergency roof repair will strike you sooner or later. Even the tiniest of roof leaks are a serious threat to your home or business. That’s because when water enters the warm and dark recesses of your attics, walls and ceiling insulation, mold, fungus and mildew can begin to form and grow.
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials