Astor roofing contractors in Florida
Performing Roof Repairs when Necessary
The third and final step towards preventing costly roof repairs is by ensuring minor repairs take place long before larger problems have a chance to happen. Even when roof leaks aren’t evident, when you discover a few exposed nails in your shingles, you may think that since a problem like this has gone on for years, why fix it now? The old adage “Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke” doesn’t apply here. All roofing problems should be treated like an emergency, especially when so much is on the line a minor repair costs are just a drop in the bucket compared to the average roof leak repair. But how do you know you need a roof repair and not a complete roof replacement to solve your roofing troubles?
Astor is a town in Lake County, Florida, US, located at 29.165031\-81.539929, with ZIP code(s) 32102. If you are looking for companies in corporate roofing, you will find proper top companies in Astor, FL, who work with cleaning shingles flat.
Use the following tools and tips for keeping your next roofing repair cost down to a minimum
Roofing repair can easily become a costly endeavor when leaks have been allowed to continue unabated. Within 36 hours after a roof leak, mildew, fungus and black mold can form. This can not only cause expensive damages but also serious health concerns. Once mold spores become airborne, serious respiratory infections and other health concerns will quickly become evident in the structure.
Spotting Roofing Troubles Before they Start
You don’t have to be a roof leak trouble shooter to spot small roof problems before they have a chance to become big ones. Look for the following signs of roofing troubles on your home or businesses roof. While it’s never a good idea to climb on a ladder yourself, it’s never a bad idea to keep your eyes peeled for any of these signs of roof disrepair as your walking or driving around the perimeter of your Astor, Florida home or business. If you see any of these roofing troubles, don’t try to repair them yourself. Call a licensed, insured and experienced roofing contractor today to make the repairs.
- Missing, damaged or broken shingles
- Loose satellite dish
- Bent or loose ridge ventilation
- Cracked, split or peeling sealants
- Damaged soffit, fascia or drip edge
- Corroded flashing
- Fogging skylight or window panes
- Evidence of wood fungus, black mold or musty mildew
- Improper attic ventilation
- Overflowing gutters
- Ice dams form in winter
- Rusting roof valleys
- Odd discolorations and heavy staining
- Roof pipe problems
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials