Liscomb roofing contractors in Iowa
- Address:Hudson, IA 50643, USA
- Phone: +1 319-239-0514
- Zip Code:50643
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials
Roof Leaks can Be Deadly
Once these toxic byproducts of a roof leak are allowed to continue unabated, the entire roofing structure, attic insulation, air conditioning/heating ducts and ceiling/wall/floor materials may need to be replaced to prevent serious health problems that can occur when the toxic fungi and mold spores are released into the indoor air system of your Liscomb home or business. Black mold has been well documented to cause many serious respiratory problems in both asthmatic and healthy people’s lungs. If you notice black mold in your attic, ceiling or walls after a roof leak, vacate the structure and have repairs made right away.
When a roof leak happens, you can bet that it’s going to do more than just leave a stain on your ceiling and carpet. Roof leaks allow water to enter attic spaces, instantly ruining insulation R-value, destroying most building materials that get in its way and worst of all-create wood rotting fungus, musty mildew and dangerous black mold within just a few days. That’s why it can’t be stressed enough that once a roof leak starts, it’s imperative that you repair the damages right away before more serious problems have a chance to occur. But more often than not, it’s too late once a roof leak starts to prevent trouble from brewing behind walls and in hidden attic locations. So what do you do to keep roof leaks from happening to your Liscomb home or business in the first place?
Liscomb is a town in Marshall County, Iowa, US, located at 42.184\-92.983279, with ZIP code(s) 50148. If you are looking for services in commercial roofing, you will find proper local services in Liscomb, IA, who work with inspection epdm combination.