Hallowell roofing contractors in Maine
Preventing Roof Leaks before They Start
Once you’ve stopped the roof leak, it’s important that you keep more roof leaks from taking place. Keep an eye out for potential problems like the ones listed above and be sure to keep leaf debris and branches off of your asphalt shingle roof and out of gutters. Never use harsh abrasives, snow shovels or pressure washing on your shingles as this can easily cause more roof leaks than it prevents. It’s also a good idea to keep trees trimmed back from the structure at least six feet. When swaying branches blown by the wind rub against shingles; it’s a roof leak waiting to take place.
Hallowell is a town in Kennebec County, Maine, US, located at 44.286414\-69.805738, with ZIP code(s) 4347. If you are looking for services in industrial roofing, you will find proper affordable services in Hallowell, ME, who work with cleaning tile flat.
Even worse, if black mold begins to form in your Annandale home or business, it can begin to create serious respiratory problems and even deadly illnesses for individuals living and working in the structure. These roofing troubles are not only dangerous to you, your family and your guests, they can also become a very expensive roof repair project and cleanup is sure to become a costly problem that can easily take up weeks of your time and end up costing you thousands of dollars or more in repairs. Use these preventative maintenance techniques and you’ll be sure to keep all your future emergency roofing repairs at bay.
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials