Orland roofing contractors in Maine
It’s a good idea to keep a monthly roofing maintenance schedule plan in place to prevent minor problems from turning into huge roofing disasters. Roof leaks regularly occur due to neglect and poor maintenance. If you keep an eye on your roofing problems and make sure you keep up with the following tasks regularly, you can easily prevent many of the calamities that befall an asphalt shingle roof and that make an early roof replacement necessary. Look for the following roofing troubles today and deal with them now to prevent future roofing problems later.
Orland is a town in Hancock County, Maine, US, located at 44.545818\-68.731312, with ZIP code(s) 4472. If you are looking for companies in commercial roofing, you will find proper best companies in Orland, ME, who work with snow removal rubber sawtooth.
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials
A roof leak can be a horrible thing to come home to. Puddled water, stained ceilings and ruined furniture are sure to be discovered. But puddles of water on your floor are just the beginning of problems. Once water has been allowed to sit in insulation, on wood and other roofing materials, dangerous mold, mildew and fungus can begin to grow. Mildew can damage paper products and insulative materials in attic spaces. Wood fungus can grow in warm and wet places within days that can rot structural components, turning them into crumbling woodchips in no time fast.