Campbell roofing contractors
Keep Landscaping Maintained
One of the easiest things home and business owners can do to protect their roofing investment from unnecessary damages is by keeping an eye on landscaping materials around the structure. Trees that overhang the structure are often at risk for damaging shingle roofing materials. Once wind and strong storms blow through the your area, you can be sure that a tree branch or two are going to damage roofs that are in close proximity. But more often than not, it’s not the strong winds that do the most damages, it’s the weak winds that do.
Preventing Emergency Roof Repairs
Your repairs and replacement expenses are a costly investment that shouldn’t be taken for granted. It’s in you and your bank accounts best interest to prevent expensive repairs before they have a chance to start. With the right maintenance, the necessary shingle repairs and a roof inspection performed each year or sooner, you can help to prevent an expensive roof replacement project down the road. It’s never a good idea to climb on your roof, but from the safety of the ground, you can easily spot the following roofing troubles so you can prevent more serious problems before they have a chance to start. Be sure your roofers do a thorough and complete roofing inspection at least twice a year to prevent future roof repairs and extend the lifespan of your existing roof.
- Broken, damaged or missing shingles
- Cracked, split or peeling sealants, rubber or tar
- Rusting or corroding flashing
- Bent, blocked or loose ridge ventilation
- Plumbing pipe disrepair
- Skylight or window pane fogging
- Leaf debris buildup
- Black mold, colorful mildew or white wood fungus
- Loose satellite dish
- Valley troubles
- Clogged gutters
- Many loose shingle granules in gutters and valleys
- Improper attic ventilation
- Ice dams form in the winter
- Damaged soffit, fascia or drip edge
If you spot any of the above signs of roofing problems on your Campbell, Minnesota home or businesses roof: don’t let problems turn into expensive repairs, time consuming cleanup or deadly black mold, call roof repair right now before your roof leak turns into a roofing nightmare.
Tips for Finding the Best Roofing Contractor
Check For Licensing and Insurance - One of the most important tasks to perform before having any roofing contractors provide you with a bid is to ensure they have the correct roofing contractors license and up to date builders risk and workers compensation insurance documentation. Without these essential items, you’ll not only get a subpar roof installation at best; but you might get in trouble with the local building department and you’ll be levied a stiff fine until you hire a licensed roofer to finish the job. With a quick phone call to your local building department, you can verify licensing numbers, insurance forms and other important legal questions about your roofing project.
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
- Remove leaf debris from roof valleys, against skylights and behind chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts from all debris
- Sweep soffits and fascia clean and clear of all spider webs, dirt and grime
- Cut all tree branches at least six feet back from the entire structure
- Keep vines and other landscaping trimmed away from windows, doors, soffit and fascia
- Ensure proper drainage is in working order around the drip line of your roofs overhang
- Perform a visual inspection of all roofing materials